Monday 14 June 2010

She must be getting better


For anyone who is following the progress of Einich the trainee search dog. I'm pleased to announce that we are now working through assessments. We still have a quite a way to go, at least 7 full days, it can go pear shaped at any time. Mick our training officer said "joy, just don't count them". Don't worry, I wont. Our assessment day on Saturday wasn't an easy one for Einich, or myself. It was quite a warm day with no becks in the area for her to cool down. I carried water and a collapsable dog bowl around with me. Despite the heat she still indicated reliably when she found everybody. I made a big mistake of not wearing the right boots on the hill, causing me to hobble in pain round the latter part of my last area. I really should have known better!!

My next assessment, all being well is in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment